Account Manager British Columbia
The AM will be responsible for the increase of sales and the expansion of market share through the marketing and sale of electronic and electro-mechanical components and modules represented by Orion Technologies in Canada.
Within defined sales territories, the AM will create sales opportunities in new and existing accounts on a direct basis with OEM and CM customers and/or via our distribution partners.
In order to succeed, the AM must develop strong business relationships with all levels (Engineering, Purchasing, Project Management, and Product Marketing) of our customers and distribution partners.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promote relationships with customer contacts who are defining and implementing design opportunities
- Maintain existing business and increase market share within target accounts and industries.
- Define new customers or critical markets in the territory, plan strategy and develop relationships.
- Maintain, establish and build relationships with our suppliers and distributors.
- Organize customer and partner visits with our key suppliers.
Provide call reports for customer, distributor and supplier visits.
- Document, within our CRM, account visits, opportunities, samples, quotations, design wins and design tracking information.
- Provide sales forecast data as requested by Orion and its suppliers.
- Potentially travel to Alberta, Saskatchewan and/or Manitoba on a trimestrial and/or bi-annual basis.
- College degree or equivalent experience and training.
- 3-4 Years + of related experience would be an asset.
- Capabilities to prospect, qualify and close opportunities.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Willing to work out of home office.
Own a car in good working condition.
- Good technical background and/or interest in technology.
- Previous experience selling electronics.