Account Manager Ottawa
We are looking for an experienced Account Manager/Sales Representative to contribute to our company’s sales objectives.
Your responsibilities include maintaining and building long-term client and partners’ relationships.
You will be responsible for managing and growing your own assigned sales territory (Ottawa) on a direct basis with OEM and CM customers and/or via our distribution partners.
As an Account Manager, you should use your creativity and thorough knowledge of sales processes to provide innovative ideas for business growth.
Technical expertise, communication and organization skills are essential for this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand and effectively communicate the company’s value proposition, technologies, processes, and current partnerships.
- Maintain existing business and increase market share within target accounts and industries.
- Identify new customers or critical markets in the territory, plan strategy and develop relationships.
- Define corporate sales objectives and strategies by forecasting and developing quarterly and annual sales quotas for your sales territory.
- Document, within our CRM, account visits, opportunities, samples, quotations, design wins and design tracking information.
- Capabilities to prospect, qualify and close opportunities.
- Maintain, establish, and build relationships with our suppliers and distributors
- Provide call reports for customers, distributors, and supplier visits.
- Organize customer and partner visits with our key suppliers.
- Proven track record as a Sales / Account Manager in the electronics industry.
- Technical knowledge of electronics
- Solid relationships with all levels (Engineering, Purchasing, Project Management, and Product Marketing) of our customers and distribution partners, within our industry.
- Strong knowledge of CRM softwares and Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics within the CRM.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and team management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Travel within our sales territories in Canada
- and or B.Sc. Engineering
- 5 years+ experience in the component electronics industry as an Account Manager
- Capable and willing to work out of a home office.
- Have a valid driver’s license and own a car in good working condition.
- Be a permanent Canadian resident.
Based out of Montreal, Quebec and reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Sales Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Orion sales team, customers, and the manufacturers we represent.
As a Sales Coordinator, you will help our company grow by improving our sales process and productivity.
Sales are the biggest driver of our company’s success, so your position plays a crucial role in our company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and Maintain company CRM with respect to sales opportunities and including customer quotations, sample requests and design tracking.
- Update Suppliers corresponding CRMs for above sales activities.
- Follow-up on above sales opportunities with our distribution partners.
- Assign Suppliers’ sales leads, follow-ups, and forecasts.
- Handle the processing of all orders with accuracy and timeliness.
- Inform customers of unforeseen delays or problems.
- Expedite customer orders.
- Generate sales and activity reports for the Account Managers, Suppliers, and distribution partners.
- Coordinate supplier visits, conference calls and Account Manager Training sessions.
- Assist in the preparation and organization of promotional materials and/or events.
- Handling urgent calls, emails, and messages when Sales Representatives are unavailable.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Sales Coordinator.
- Bilingual French English.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams and One Drive/SharePoint.
- Experience entering data and working with a CRM.
- Proven multi-tasking, organizational and time management capabilities.
- Strong Communication, Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills.
- Has strong problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to investigate problems without supervision.
- Takes initiative and thrives in a fast-paced work environment – a fast-learner and self-starter.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Previous sales experience in the electronics industry.
- Previous work experience with Empowering Systems CRM.
- Knowledge of WordPress.
- Work from home (computer, printer, router, internet and cellular provided by Orion).
- Q4 2021